View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 06:26 AM   #69
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well, herm, I've been wanting to say something about this for a few days but it might prove a bit. . .that is, I don't want to appear. . .hoom hoom baroom boom. . .it's a bit awkward, but. . .well. . .the thing is. . .you see. . .I rather like the system the way it is, but not, you know, because I've been the fortunate recipient of so much encouragement!

For the reasons that Esty gives above, I think that the weighting system makes a certain amount of sense, and for the reasons H-I gives above I think that we should be encouraging people to rep more often.

I also agree with Saucy though that we don't want to encourage spurious posting just to get through enough that we can rep a particular post again. If I try to rep a post but find I cannot, then, well, like Sauce I just figure that another post from that person will come around. I do try to send off a PM though, to let the person know how much I liked the post.

I tend to be a rather streaky repper, however. I rep irregularly for a week or so, then sit myself down for an hour of Downs time with the express purpose of (re)reading the threads that I've been enjoying in the last while and repping those posts that have been making the thread so good. On days like this it does become, sometimes, an exercise is 'getting back' to people as there might be a post that, at the beginning of the binge, is one I cannot rep, but by the time I'm finished, I can.

I think that bottom line to all this is that everyone has their own way of repping. I also think that so long as the repping is being done judiciously then no matter how one is going about it, the results will be generally reflective of the consensus hereabouts. . .urm. . .that is. . .I hope it is. . .oh dear, this is genuinely embarassing. . .

Last edited by Fordim Hedgethistle; 11-01-2004 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Spelling and grammar are both important
Fordim Hedgethistle is offline   Reply With Quote