Thread: Is Eru God?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 09:03 AM   #93
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
*Breaks Squealing*

Hold the phone, people. You want to argue how compatible Eru is with everyone's personal veiws of the Christian God?!?!? *deep breath*

So, just let me clarify, given the evidence provided (ie. the quotes from Tolkien, his own writings, etc,) can we all agree that Tolkien most likely viewed Eru as God?

The problem with the arguement that is developing is that it will never end. Everyone, even Christians, have different veiws of God. I have seen two Christians argue the nature of God, both throwing bible verses at each other, with out ever reaching a conclusion. That's why we so many different sects, (Baptists, Calvinist, Methodists, Lutherans, etc, and don't get me started going down the list of different Catholic sects.)

My word, people, are we here to discuss Tolkien's works or personal philosophy? If it's the latter, we'll be arguing till Kingdom Come. (Religious reference definitely intended.) That is, you'll be arguing, because there's no way I'm getting dragged in to that.

And no Fae, I've made it clear that I'm not Tolkien at least twice in this thread.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen

Last edited by Roa_Aoife; 11-18-2005 at 09:10 AM.
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote