View Single Post
Old 10-01-2002, 08:39 PM   #90
Demloth of Dol Amroth
Wight

Demloth of Dol Amroth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

SILMEGILAINAVAL!!! muhahahahhaa! cumbersome name, but it fits the sword it would be given-BIG-HONKING TWO-HANDED SWORD!! (not claymore-theys got a goofy hilt). it means "shining sword of HOLY MIGHT" (it's a paladin thing). actually, val means power while beleg means might, but Silmegilainabeleg had more of a "clunk" than a ring to it-so i chose val on the assumption might and power were interchangeable. hee hee hee-been waiting for a thread like this. Aralaithiel, YOU ROCK! I want a flaming sword too! Silmegilainaval would be a sword you'd have to take weightlifting your entire school career to lift, though-unless it was made of titanium. to give you an idea, the handle would be a foot and 3 inches long...need i say more. it'd be more of a "scare the living crud out of your opponents" sword than an actual fighting sword-though not to say i wouldn't try to use it. the pommel jewel would have to glow when orcs are near, and the whole blade would glow when trolls are near. then you know what you're getting into!

Armadoin-go with "orc slayer"

I love Courage the Cowardly Dog!
"Bla-bla-bla!"
"Where's my peanuts?"
"BUY FLAN-TASY FLAN!"

[ October 01, 2002: Message edited by: Demloth of Dol Amroth ]

[ October 01, 2002: Message edited by: Demloth of Dol Amroth ]