View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #63
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfriend View Post
...Aragorn being dragged over the cliff by a warg...
Blasphemy!!!

Sorry. I speak for the books. That will be my new motto.

Some of my embarrasing LOTR moments were when I started speaking about it, giving examples from that book or just saying an idea, to a bunch of people who have no clue what I'm going on about.

And there was this story with me carrying a ginormous volume around at school last year: it was LOTR, TH, The Sil, and COH all together in one book. Worse though, it was a Russian translation that I borrowed from the library. Since it didn't fit in my bag I carried it around in my hands and everyone had to stare at me. It was: a) a humungous book, b) a Russian book c) a (non-text-) book, which is not a very common thing to see someone carry with them all day, d) from the library (who borrows books from the library these days?).

At least my reputation as a bookworm got established right then and there. But really, I could have done well enough without all the questions and stares.