View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 04:19 AM   #32
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Hullo all! Good to be here. Now, to the annoyance of Rikae, I'm going to continue the loud/quiet talk and add my two cents.

In the two latest games I was first a wolf and then a mod. I must say I learned something of those experiences. I was, as a mod, quite annoyed because numerous people claimed they could not say anything about Naria who was a quiet wolf. I disagreed with them and I still do. As long as someone doesn't post just one onliner post per day, there's no reason to grumble about having no clues. You can really get surprisingly much out of just a few posts (as long as they're substantial) and even if the quiet person in question is too quiet for that, you can always look at how the dead wolves treated him/her (given that there are dead wolves, of course). I know I used to complain about relatively silent people to some extent, but I hope I'll manage to play according to what I said in this post, now that I've seen the light.

Another thing I learned was that I really should drop the loud & famous people from a certain pedestal I've lifted them to. I still think it's challenging & nice to play with them and it is sad to lose them early and that one should be careful about lynching them because they're great assets to the village, BUT I think my past attitude of even somewhat overlooking their suspicious behaviour based on those things I just mentioned is just a bit ridiculous. I mean, surely you shouldn't get away with anything just because you're known to be a good and helpful player?

Lastly, my tactics will probably again involve paying extra attention to those I know from RL, as wolvish as it may sound. They just seem to be the ones who manage to fool me the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
It is way easier for a Wolf to stay hidden by being loud and opinionated than it is to stay quiet and subdued.
I disagree. The more you talk, the more probably you make a slip or contradict yourself (trust me, I have enough experience of both being a loudmouth and of being a hopelessly poor wolf ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
It's true, I've found at least one wolf tends to hide among the quiet ones.
Yet that might be purely chance or mod's fault. I think the quiet wolf - loud wolf ratio is about the same as the quiet villager - loud villager ratio. Also, I think that loud people make loud wolves and quiet people make quiet wolves, and if Nogrod claims to have chosen the roles at random, we hardly can divide people into "quiet people" and "loud people" and say that this and this percent of these are wolvish or something like that. I don't think classifying people to loud and quiet ones is going to help us one bit, on the contrary.

Now let's hope this discussion really starts rolling (I don't mean discussion about loud and quiet people, but discussion in general) and those who haven't had the chance to turn up, do so, and those who haven't talked so much (or so much of substance) would speak more. There's plenty of time, still...

Oh, I maybe should add a few words about who I suspect. Brinn looks a bit suspicious with her quiet wolf -arguments, since making the assumption that at least one wolf is quiet seems a bit dangerous (see what I said above). Also, I can't really phrase it, but her last statement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
In my previous experience, a Day 1 lynchee usually ends being someone who says or does something wildly absurd, or it is a quiet person. Which one will it be toDay? Or can we find a middle ground for once and vote for someone completely different? As unlikely as it may be, a Fenris wolf would be nice, especially with four wolves hiding among us.
feels somewhat furry to me, especially the tone of that last sentence. So far, she's the only one who has seemed even vaguely wolvish. I'm happy to repeat that fortunately there's still time, except that I must add in the same sentence that we should not think we always have tme later and because of that do nothing right now. Now that is the famous Lommy flip-flopping, isn't it?

EDIT: x-ed with Nerwen
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote