View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 11:15 PM   #33
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thornden dragged his burden along in silence for a moment, his eyes skimming along the ground ahead. He wanted to, yes, but on the other hand, he did not. He did not think that it would be entirely appropriate.

“No,” he finally answered. “In such a case as this, the fact that I am his brother should be entirely disregarded.” He felt Eodwine looking at him. “My lord, if he were anyone else, I do not think I would want to, or that I would seek to interfere on his behalf. And I won’t allow myself to act so, simply because he is my brother. He has acted badly.” He glanced up and met Eodwine’s eyes briefly. “Very badly.”

They trudged on again without saying anything. Thornden wanted to ask him if Eodwine thought he would really take anything Javan swore seriously – if he believed that Javan would actually hold to his word - but they were drawing too close to Stigend and Garstan to ask such a question.