View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 06:57 AM   #292
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Well, it's meant to be the Mindon in Tirion (since that's where the Oath was sworn). It, uh... wasn't intended to look like a tormented evil monolith. The sketch looks quite light and airy, I promise!
Oooohh! That makes sense!

I thought about Tirion, but discarded it as a possibility just cause I don't normally imagine it in Feanorian colours. The tower does look very elegant, so I thought it can't really be the fortress-like Formenos, or Himring or any other ME Feanorian structures. But I was fixated on the colours. And it does look a bit scary. Though, I suppose, being robbed of other forms of lighting except for angry torches, Mindon would unintentionally acquire the red and black, and the scariness too. Which is again even more fitting than I realized initially when I thought it was just a Feanor-themed tower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
And now, following a last-minute incorporation of the new instrumental:

The Oath of some Very Angsty Kids
Woohoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
I'm actually kind of regretting trying to vary my voice here - I think it distracted me from actually singing. So if you can pass me a recording or five of the chorus section (yes, I did five copies, because I Am A Geek), I might rerecord the song in a more natural voice. We shall see.
Absolutely! Will do, erm, for sure before the weekend is out, and hopefully earlier. I will need to catch a good voice day, is all. Maybe we can keep some of your recordings in whichever voice too, so that there is a deeper voice as well. Whatever you think sounds better. I'll send you 5 anyways to choose from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
I really enjoyed this one. ^_^
I did too, once it started going the right way. ^.^ Thanks again for the help and feedback. You don't realize how much it helped to have it.