View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 02:56 PM   #2204
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce
Yes - WWII, which I modded. The final day found the Hunter (BW) and an innocent (SoN) up against two Wolves (the phantom and dancing spawn). Although the innocent also happened to be the Cursed. One Wolf attacked the Cursed , who began to transform. The Hunter then shot the cursed ( ) and was savaged by the two Wolves. Wolf victory.
That narration was one of the best I've seen (although I may be a bit biased).

The same thing happened also in WWXIII which I modded. There was an innocent (Ang) and Hunter (Lalaith) against two wolves (tar-ancalime & Eonwe, who was originally the Cursed), and because the wolves would have won anyway after the Hunter's kill, I thought it would be nicer to let both wolves stay alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
That's quite harsh. When I was the Hunter (WWXII, I believe), my decision not to Hunt the Werebear on the final Night played some part in our victory as, had I hunted and got it wrong, it could have spelled disaster. In "game logic" terms, it makes sense to allow the Hunter to take a conscious decision (acting on the basis of his rational assessment) not to hunt, while there are grounds for ruling that the Wolves (acting, arguably, more on cunning and instinct than on logic in their transformed state) should be compelled to kill at night.
Well, if the Hunter has to PM the mod a name every night, can't they just give their own name and kill themselves if they are attacked by wolves?

Anyway, I don't like twisting the rules much. Of course players want to adjust the rules so that it benefits their side, but isn't it part of the fun and excitement of having a certain role that it may have a drastic influence on the outcome of a game?