View Single Post
Old 09-14-2003, 06:12 AM   #47
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Amandur

I watched Rauthain's back as he left thinking on his offer of assistance, It hadn't occurred to me that he may not there on orders as was I and Hanasían. My gaze then fell on Maethor as he went to join the older ranger, 'Is he here also by circumstance?' I thought to himself, 'It is of no matter, both will be needed if we are to finally put a stop to this lingering shadow!'

"She is ready and may even now be planning to make her move!" I told Hanasían, my eyes showing that I spoke of Vanwe, Halfiríen nodded his agreement and I saw that he to was ready to leave and take up the hunt, for that is how I saw it, Naiore had lived two ages and avoided capture by many, she would not make this an easy task, we would have to be vigialent.

"Searching the ways old and new maybe our best option!" Hanasían suggested, I nodded my agreement, but I was curious to see where the geldings prints would lead. But I paused in my thoughts as Vanwe passed with the stablemaster, Deverion I think was his name. They seem in great haste, as would any stablemaster who learnt that a horse in his keeping had gone missing, I was relieved when only the stablemaster galloped out of the stables, I had feared that Vanwe would have joined him in the search, making Naiore's intent all the easier.

"We leave on the hour then?" I said to Hanasían "I will take Rauthain and search out the old ways towards Bree and the Chetwood," Hanasían then told me that he would take Maethor and search the ways north and east.We nodded to each other, our eyes convaying warnings of caution, then Hanasían turn and made his way to the others.

I returned to the stable to finish staddling Kalloruvi, the charger stamped it's foot impatiently! "We will be leaving soon, my friend," I whispered, Checking all the straps one last time. Securing my saddlebags and bed roll, I lead Kalloruvi from the stable to wait across the road with Blackveil. Then my cauriousity getting the better of me and time to spare, I went back to the rear of the stables to follow the tracks into the grove, but on reaching the trail I noted anothers prints, Vanwe's I realised and they followed the geldings.

As I looked up I saw Rauthain approach, "I wish to follow this trail, It looks like our young elven stable assistant has followed the geldings tracks into the grove and your assistance would be much appreciated, my old friend," Rauthain nodded his assent and we followed the trail into the trees that flanked the rear of the inn..

As we tracked, keeping my voice low I told Rauthain, what I had learned from Halfiríen the previous night, I also told him of the goings on's in the blue mountains and our belief that Naiore was behind the orc chiefs sudden boldness, I paused and regarded the older man as I told him of Captain Halwain's Disappearance, then going on I told him what I knew of Vanwe and her relationship to the Revennor of Mordor.

I crouched to the ground as the trail became embrioled with the light imprint of another more delicate elven print, "Naiore!" Rauthain surmised, looking to me for conformation. I nodded as I traced the drag lines made by Vanwe being dragged away, but I noted also that there had been no struggle, they had stood for a minute or two before Naiore dragged Vanwe away, I surmised from the disturbance of the earth.

"We can no longer afford to wait!" I told Rauthain as I rose.My foot brushed something in the mossy grass, I bent down and picked up the belt I recognised as the mannish one that Vanwe wore, "She now has what she came for and will be on her way, we must make haste before the trail turns cold!" I said showing him the belt, Rauthain agreed and with all haste we returned to the inn. Giving Hanasían Vanwe's belt we told him and Maethor of our find.

Once all was told Myself and Rauthain mounted our horses and took up the trail from where we had left it and headed more or less Northwest towards the Chetwood.

[ September 19, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]

Last edited by piosenniel; 12-28-2006 at 10:38 PM.