View Single Post
Old 03-28-2004, 02:55 AM   #5
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
What has LOTR taught me about happiness... Well it has taught me that friends are important, and that you should do things for them, and always support them because they are your friends and remember that they do like you for a reason (which is probably the hardest key for me because I am very much a person who flys solo much of the time). And many times if you support them, they will support you in return.

I do like these keys. Though right now I am very busy with Senior things so I have not had much time to apply these to my life. But in addition to teaching me many things about happiness, LOTR has also taught me to never stop, keep going, and that the impossible is possible (even though it is a fantasy book). And I personally think that the "never give up" mindset can also bring joy to your life because once you are done with the task at hand, you are usually very joyful that you never gave up, and that you actually went through with it, and finished it.

These are very cool though, especially the one about "Rediscovering Wonder" (which is something that U.S. society really needs to do).
Thanks for sharing Estelyn