View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 11:46 AM   #128
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
The guy who, after your advisor tells you that what you plan to do is against the rules, has no qualms about helping you bend them. Making friends with administrators is a good tip for any college students [or potential ones] out there. But seriously, the people who understand that ivory towers are occasionally fun places to hole yourself up in and who have absolutely no issues with admitting you into their class (against the rules, in this case), or letting you take it with no grading involved (not against the rules, but nobody tells freshmen about these things) after you explain that no, you don't have to take the class because yes, you did test out of it thus meeting the requirements for your major, but sure will allow you to take it anyways because you simply want to. The ones that you don't have to explain your point nor purpose because he got it as soon as you started to speak. And that he's got the most laid back southern drawl imaginable doesn't hurt, as you notice that as you chat, you begin to pick it up a bit yourself, not even noticing your born-and-raised-Northeastern one disappearing. Of course, mah own ax-int came back ree-lee fas' aft r'I left. I'm sendin' tha' t'the Sha-er too.

So to sum up: I'm sending to the Shire the guy that's letting me take a class that I'm technically not supposed to and I'm sending my own accent.