View Single Post
Old 04-28-2002, 10:23 AM   #3
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

OOC. Well, I hope this fits in...

The wolf watched with interest as the Oliphaunt rubbed her backside against the sand wall, a barrier that she was all too willing not to trespass. With a contented sigh, she relaxed on her stomach on the warm sand. With a great yawn, showing her flashing ivory teeth, she settled down to watch the men over come the giant beast.

She had traveled long and far from her lands, and found herself wandering the barren deserts of Far Harad, far, far away from the grounds where her family had been slaughtered by those cruel, bright haired folk. She didn't blame the elves for their reaction, for it was other wolves that had joined Sauron's forces that caused them to hate her kin so much. But a great sadness washed over her, for the elves and wolves were condemned to suffer beneath tooth and arrow.

She was loosing interest in the giant oliphaunt's clumsy attempt to scratch her massive backside and stood, turning her back; she began a slow gate towards the jagged golden rocks that tore at the skies like scrabbling claws. In the distance, she heard the call of man and knew that they were they intended on capturing the beast. 'Maybe it is best.' She thought grimly 'that I go back to my homelands.' No. That was just impossible. She could take no other as her life mate, she loved Sildal too much, and in her heart, where grief was not supposed to be, it thrived like a flower in the dark.

It was only a quick trek to her makeshift home and as she entered the cave, Celebanca caught the smell of man. Backing up quickly, the giant wolf bumped into the rock wall. The sound of a man's hoarse breathing scared her and the imposing thought of her family falling under the elves, became an daunting idea that she would follow that same fate. He was far to her left, and as she attempted to dart out of the hole, six men with spears suddenly blocked it off. "Get her!" The called.

'No!' She cried in her mind, rearing on the man inside the cave, the stench of fear was nauseating and she bared her teeth, growling and slinking towards him. 'I would rather die trying to escape than die in their hands!' Celebanca thought grimly as she took a step towards the man.

He raised a long tub to his mouth and blew a dart from its opening. She watched as the feathered shaft flew through the air and struck her in the throat. With an agitated growl she leapt forward, intending to attack the man but the dart must have been poisoned, for she suddenly felt tired and as she sailed through the air towards him, she lost feel of her legs and collapsed on top of the smelly, sweaty man.