View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 07:04 AM   #92
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Gwathagor... which day are you writing? The day after the day I and Valier are currently writing? I'm slightly confused...
I'd say, wouldn't it be better to keep a the story a little... consistent? I don't know how it works normally in the RPGs here, but when Brown's story does not have now the same place, at least the time could be kept the same (you know the Aristotelian principles of drama...). If you write something, you can after all save it somewhere in your computer and post it later when the next day starts. It could otherwise happen that suddenly we hear nothing about Brown for many posts because he'd be so ahead in time compared to the other characters. When the characters are all together, then of course nothing like this could occur, but in this phase when most of the characters need to be introduced yet, at least the timeline should be held the same for all the characters, despite they are at different places (Shire does not have several timezones).

Just my opinion, though - it's not my RPG and my character is not yet present, but I'm saying what I think. If someone comes and wants to read the RPG later, he can be a little confused.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories