View Single Post
Old 01-31-2003, 01:50 PM   #26
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Faramir acted poorly.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That's really a matter of opinion, because it depends on how you see him when you're watching the movie. I saw him as acting poorly as well, until the end.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>His intelligence, generosity, cool-headedness and nobility did not come through at all.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Nor did the kindess I knew Galadriel had from the books, until the Extended Edition came out.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>His one good decision - to set Frodo on his way - seemed to come from lack of intelligence. "Okay Frodo, just walk through East Osgiliath (or however he got across) and through these orc hordes, all the way to Mordor and try not to be seen! Even though the Nazgul KNOW WHERE YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE!"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Did the Nazgul know where Frodo was? I thought he did, until I read Lily Bracegirdle's post on <A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001478" TARGET=_blank>The indecisive Nazgul</A>.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Oh no, it was the Rangers of Ithilien. They pushed & pulled on the Hobbits very harshly, generally thrashing them around and treating them with ABSOLUTELY NO RESPECT. It gives the distinct impression of a callous people, which is not remedied at all in the Osgiliath scenes, in fact they seem even worse.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I will just say one thing: I agree with you there.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>At least Faramir got to do one good deed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Maybe two? Everyone in my family thought he was going to smack Smeagol or something like that during that one scene. Hopefully we'll see more of his better side in ROTK.<p>[ January 31, 2003: Message edited by: Nurumaiel ]