View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 03:36 AM   #65
gondowe
Wight

gondowe has just left Hobbiton.
Findegil, Thank you for your detailed analysis of the matter. My lack of time and not having access to my original books prevents me from analyzing it correctly, although I could never expose it in the same way that you did.
But in the end, in summary, is what I think.
The only thing that bothers me is, as I said, the mention of CT in BT of the Sil77 decision. Obviously I would have liked that CT had remade the Silmarillion in the same way that we did but unfortunately it was not like that. I do not know if his heirs will ever do it (or even be done, waiting for the appropriate time for publication), (I am completely sure that our work never went unnoticed by the Tolkien Estate and CT).
Anyway, I agree with our common decision.
Now, considering your last sentence, the only thing we could do is decide if the Nauglamír was done or not for Felagund.
Now I'm not, as I said, (nor was I, nor will I be in the future unfortunately, because I also have a problem in the eyes that is going over and I do not know how I will finish in the next few years), in conditions to analyze it by my same.

Thank you and Greetings
gondowe is offline   Reply With Quote