View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 02:19 PM   #46
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I figured I'd give you an out, Folwren, by not including something like "Eodwine waited for Thornden to respond". It occurs to me that one of the things Thornden is going to figure out is that the job of steward and that of almbudsman can't be done by one person in a 'manor' as sprawling as the Middle Emnet (which I still have to figure out on a map). So after some time, Thornden might tell Eodwine that he has discovered this, say, after coming back to the Mead hall after the sun has set some night.

I'm thinking that the next Day will be seven days after this one, unless anybody would like to have the next Day come sooner.

One other thought: usually, the action that takes place, does so in the Inn, and anything outside the Inn is reserved for afterthought. This being a Mead Hall with lands attached, we may have to allow some posts to be written away from the mead hall. For example, the almbudsman can go to a farmstead and have a talk with the freeman who owns it, and request to collect such and such a fee. Just a thought. If we handle it well, it shouldn't be a problem; this thread should help. Thoughts?