Thread: The White Horse
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2003, 09:32 PM   #293
Adanedhel
Animated Skeleton

Adanedhel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

The cards were flitting back and forth between Adanedhel's hands, he unconciously shuffling them as he listened to Laitalathion. When Laitalathion questioned where his talent for wood carvings came from Adanedhel shrugged and said:

'I myself do not know. I first started carving things out of wood when I was young, living with the wood Elves of Mirkwood. I used to carve people, Elven Warriors, Elven Maids, things like that but soon I found I could carve animals so much better'

The cards spun from his hand one to Laitalathion one to himself and so it went until both had thirteen cards a piece.

'I used to spend hours upon hours in the forest finding pieces of wood and then sitting and carving an animal. Deer, birds, bears and rabbits, any animal that came with the forest I would carve'

Adanedhel placed down the left over cards and picked up his own, quickly and efficiently ordering them in his hand, Laitalathion doing the same

'Though now I only carve out of boredom or if I see something that would be interesting or hard to carve

He pulled out a small carving of a man, the wood was worn and was so smooth it had the feeling of some sort of glass. The little man was wearing a large long cloak at the bottom of which poked the toes of a pair of riding boots, on his back was strapped a sword a two handed sword. The cowl of his hood was thrown back and his longish hair hung low in thick strands, his face carved to look weather worn.
He placed the man on the table in between the two card players and looked at it for a moment and smiled

'This was my first ever carving, when I carved it I said to my Elven teacher that this was what I was going to look like when I was older and that with the sword I would kill many Orcs'

Adanedhel chuckled to himself at the memory

'He laughed at me and said "If that's what you think little child" I remember being so angry about that and was determined to become like my carving'

He smiled warmly and picked up a card

'Seems determination pays off'

[ March 14, 2003: Message edited by: Adanedhel ]

-Henry V