View Single Post
Old 11-25-2002, 05:47 PM   #7
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Gandalf_theGrey has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Bullroarer turned back to face them, waving them back from him a fair pace. ‘Only the best and the bravest will I take with me. You know who you are. Come! Stand before me now. Who will dare the Great East Road to Imladris with me?’
* Across the room, Giles Harfoot took a deep breath. He set down his box of handyman tools on the floor. More reluctantly, he set down his beloved black hawthorn "whacking stick" alongside the repair kit, with only one glance back to make sure it wouldn't crawl away like an unattended pet. *

* The diminutive Hobbit strode more tall-seeming than his 3 ft., 3 inches height to the middle aisle. He thrust out his lower lip. He paced off a few running steps. He sprang three breathless dizzying cartwheels, turned in midair to leap into a diving somersault, then finally came up with a curt hop into a flourishing bow before the regal and revered Bullroarer Took. *

I, Sir. I dare, ... Giles Harfoot, at your service. As for the best, I'm the best cabinet-maker in Starfield, so they say. Anything wooden you need made or mended along the way, consider the job done. As for the bravest, well, I drew the short straw of duty, but unflinching. I shall strive to represent the Harfoots upholding the family honor as best I may. My bags are packed. My pony Puddlejump stands ready.

* Giving a second bow, Giles politely stood aside with the other volunteers who'd come forth, awaiting the challenging road ahead. *

[ November 25, 2002: Message edited by: Gandalf_theGrey ]