View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 09:47 PM   #8
Elladan and Elrohir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elladan and Elrohir has just left Hobbiton.
This is getting a bit off topic, I realize, but I would agree with alatar that Boromir is VERY well portrayed in FOTR, and his one scene in TTT is the icing on the cake. When you say best character, I'm assuming you mean best overall (duh, why wouldn't you mean that?), in which case I'll probably have to agree with you.

As for "best portrayed from the book character," again Boromir gets very high marks. The only other character who might take that title is Ian Holm's Bilbo, which I thought was astonishingly good. Like Boromir, phenomenally acted, well written, and faithful to the book. Of course, Bilbo doesn't get a prolonged death scene.

Gandalf could've won it if not for his waffling about the whole "which way do we go" thing. But, I would say that those three performances (Bean, Holm, McKellen) may be the three best in the film. Would anyone else care to agree or disagree?

THE HOBBIT - IT'S COMING
Elladan and Elrohir is offline   Reply With Quote