View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #2
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
A new day dawned over the decaying city. Hakon and Brinniel watched the red sun rise from the ocean. "Just look at that thing. I reckon that's not a good sign." "Nope, not in the least."

Pitchwife, the organ player from a foreign land (Carcassone? Caracas? something like that...) walked over to the church doors. A new sign was nailed to them. Kitanna pulled it down and began to read.

"We stand in judgment on your whole city. We know what you are, and how to stop you. And you will not know us until we strike you down." Signed only with a series of four claw marks. The full moon still hangs in the sky, and a shiver runs down the villagers' necks.

"It seems there's a company of werewolves around here," said the Saucepan Man. "I've only ever seen one of them before, and it gave me weeks of inspiration." Lolsolte, not having that connection to the macabre, wasn't ready to believe it. Nogrod, however, saw the truth in the artist's words. "Such things as werewolves are theoretically possible. In my studies I've noticed several inconsistencies about the moon which might have an amplified effect when ... " Inziladun cut him off. "Now, I don't know about theoreticallys or amplifieds, but I knows bad when I sees it. It's clear these things don't like us, and I mean to set them straight." "But how do we know if this is a serious threat?" Roa asked. "For all we know, they could simply be new mutation of the local ecology, and one we're well equipped to handle."

The argument continued, until Craydon1 dashed into the square, a panicked look on his face. "The blood, the clawing, the [sounds of gibbering, losing sanity] ... That way!" Immediately Morsul the Dark and wilwarin ran off in the direction he indicated. They found Nerwen looking at a large pile of small, red chunks. "Hm. It seems something in this town has bigger teeth than my uncles'. What happened?" After they had explained the situation, Legate was the one who put it together. "Judging by the size of the footprints, the bloody handprints, and his head on a stick around the corner, it's probably McCaber." A Little Green said a few words, before they commended the "body" to the ocean.

It was clear what they had to do. Someone wants to kill, and they're about to get some Innsmouth justice.

Lairen Shadow finally realized that the girl Nienna was only watching the sky. "What's wrong, child?" she asked. The only reply she got was a little tear before Nienna ran and hid.

The Dead:
McCaber, town drunk and general layabout [mod]

The Living:
Inziladun, fisherman
Pitchwife, heretical organist
Loslote, humble seamstress
Hakon, Innsmouth denizen
wilwa, Innsmouth denizen
Nogrod, student of alternate cosmologies
Saucepan Man, disturbed and disturbing artist
Roa, Innsmouth physician (with everything that entails)
Craydon1, penniless drifter
Nienna, "innocent" child and meteorologist
Nerwen, last scion of a decadent dynasty
Legate, displaced scholar of the Pnakotic Shards
A Little Green, blind ex-soldier
Morsul, quiet librarian
Kitanna, Innsmouth denizen
Lairen Shadow, Innsmouth denizen
Brinn, Innsmouth denizen

DAY ONE HAS BEGUN. YOU MAY NOW POST.

Last edited by McCaber; 10-13-2009 at 01:12 PM.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote