View Single Post
Old 12-05-2002, 02:11 PM   #188
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Dwarin Thunderhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

"Bloody wargs. Next time they come in here they wont be telling no poem. In fact they might have poems told on them. Seeing as they'll be turned into rugs!"

Dwarin looked at his patrons and caught saw a range of people stunned frightened and angry.

"I do apologize for this intrusion everyone. Next time those slobbering beasts won't get off so easy."

Everyone still looked a bit uneasy.

"Well, I don't know if it will help but to help everyone forget this little incident I'll give every one of you a free round on the house!"

Several of the more inebriated Hobbits cheered. They most likely had forgotten anyway. The rest of the crowd mumbled an approval and went back to their own business.

"Dira, I'd be pleased if you would keep the bar for a few minutes. As soon as I take care of some business we'll talk."

Dira shot Dwarin a scowl that would have frozen a Balrog. She didn't like the idea of keeping a counter that was just about to be flooded with customers demanding free drinks.

"Ermm I'll get you some help." Dwarin said a bit nervously.

"I'm sure Holly would be glad to help you."

Dwarin snagged the young hobbit trying to duck out of view.

++++++++++++++++++++

Business taken care of for the moment, Dwarin set about securing The Green Dragon from any further intrusions. First he went back through the kitchen and found the door battered but not broken. He shut the door and laid an iron bar across it. No more surprises from that direction.

He then set about shutting all the windows up. Most buildings in those parts had shutters but Dwarins shutters weren’t exactly normal. Dwarin had one piece metal plates on hinges that served as shutters. The plates covered the whole of the window making it practically impossible to get in from the outside once they had been shut. Most hobbits thought these senseless and impractical. As they did the stone construction. But the combination of these two made the Green Dragon one of the safest buildings in those parts of the Shire.

Shutters closed and doors barred Dwarin made his way back to the counter. He found Dira frantically pouring drinks for the customers. She looked like she could rip the head off a troll. On the upside everyone seemed to have forgotten about the warg incident.