View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I personally find this chapter essential for a better understanding and enrichment of all the Númenor-based stories.

The mention of the customs involving the worship rituals on the Meneltarma is what I find most interesting; it serves as a contrast for the later Sauron-cult practiced by the King's Men, and illustrates the fall of the Dúnedain that much more clearly.

It's also fascinating to note that mallorns were found in Númenor, and were given in gift to Gil-galad, who in turn gave them to Galadriel. I wonder if that was in Galadriel's mind when she later showed such favour later to Aragorn, Elendil's Heir.

The Númenóreans were fond of fish and seafood, a matter on which I would entirely agree.

Overall Númenor, from its settlement until the coming of the Shadow, seems to have been a pretty desirable place to live.