View Single Post
Old 10-22-2003, 01:41 PM   #124
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
BAAAAAAAAAAM.Exactly.Arwen reminds me of Barbie. I hate those good girls in life,and I hate them in fiction. I am not saying that every girl should take a sword and kill all bad guys,but Arwen-type is too much.
Hmmm....methinks this character is more properly called "movie-Arwen," for she did not do the warrior princess thing in the books and appeared very sparingly (appropriately!). I would agree with Eomer of the Rohirrim that Arwen is innocent, but I would also add that she is insightful enough to offer Frodo a way out when no one else had done so (it was she who gave him her token to cross over the Sea to the Undying Lands (or at least Tol Eressea) to seek healing.) I wouldn't say Arwen is completely innocent, but she is good hearted in a way that many others in Middle Earth were not or wouldn't have been in a position to be.

Cheers,
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote