View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #1259
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Rowenna

Rowenna heard Saeryn's words and it suddenly came to her that much time had passed without her noticing. She felt guilty that she had left so much work to the other women. She got up and walked quickly toward the kitchen.

As she did, her eye drifted over the men at table, and she found Nydfara among them. He had been watching the Elf, and he glanced at her. She nodded once, and felt that she must talk to him. She wanted to find out his reaction to the Elf and compare it to her own. She passed through the door into the kitchen, apologized for her prolonged absence, and busied herself as she was told by Frodides, who wanted her taking food to those who were breaking their fast.

This sent her to Nydfara's table. She stopped between him and one of Athanar's men, and placed a plate of bread on the table.

"Good morning, men," she said. "What do you think of our guest?"

Eodwine

"Of course, you are right, Saeryn." He turned to Laerdil. "This is Saeryn, my wife."

"We have met," Laerdil replied with a slight smile. "Bread and water will suffice."

"Would you like to meet some of the men?" Eodwine asked.

A mysterious smile came to the Elf's lips. "I am not sure they want me so near," he said. "They seem to want to keep their distance. Instead, please tell any who wish to sit with me near the fire that I welcome their company."