View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 12:52 PM   #2
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brego View Post
Hi there! I have a question, it's pretty unusual. Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

I'd like an opinion from someone other than my brother. I've been asked to write a story/fanfic for my friend with Sam and Frodo in it and she wants the two hobbits to find a rabbit and rescue it, etc. However, another part of the plot is where Sam contemplates killing the rabbit for food. My question is, would book-Sam do this or even actually kill a rabbit (that he's gone to the trouble of rescuing)? I say no, my brother says yes.

What do you think?
In the book, Sam filets and roasts a "brace of conies" -- coney being another term for rabbit ("brace" being a pair of hare, as it whare).

So yes, hobbits eat rabbits.

Last edited by Morthoron; 07-25-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Morthoron is offline   Reply With Quote