View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 01:35 PM   #50
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
While on the whole I am for minimal government interference, people should be aware of what they are doing - and the government has responsibility for school (and hospital ) food... so many children are malnourished - my form group had 27/31 on free school meals, which should to my mind mean that a child is guaranteed one nutritious meal a day regardless of parental housekeeping skills. However the food offered was disgusting -I did try and persuade one of my group (aged 13 looked about 9..) that a lunch consiting entirely of jelly might not be the best option..... but I cannot say I blame him given the alternatives....

I think hobbit children despite their natural build and substantial food requirements were realtively healthy and active - and it was all natural and organic I bet. I am sure that Tolkien would not have approved of children so hyped on sugar and additives that they can't concentrate and so obese they can't move.... in the words of the "Now Show", children who just sit there and fizz.....

As for smoking - smokers more than fund themselves with the tax they pay so as far as I am concerned they can puff away to your heart's content....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote