View Single Post
Old 03-10-2003, 08:43 AM   #159
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Mithadan, of course! What is wrong with my head?

Cami ran out to tug at Pio's leggings, just as the Elf climbed onto Falmar's back "Mithadan? He's alright? I apologize for not asking earlier. My mind has been too busy with other things."

"Yes, he's at the Inn, resting up. A little bruised and battered from the journey, but otherwise fine." Pio was careful not to mention anything about the apple, how deeply suspicious the shirriff had been, or Bird's feeling that their own arrival was only a prelude to further trouble. Hopefully, Bird was wrong, and those problems would fade away so that she could concentrate her own attention on the needs of the twins.

Cami pressed with one more question. "Then tonight, Lorien can come back to sleep in the Inn?"

Pio nodded. "I don't see why not. If that's what he'd prefer, I won't stop him."

Before leaving, the Elf turned quizzically to her friend, "But Cami, you and Frodo and the children must have put in hours of work here." She nodded back in the direction of the burrow.

"Yes, it does look better, but it's too small for Lorien," Cami observed. He's always bumping his head on the rafters. I'm fairly certain he'd prefer the bigger beds in the Inn. In any case, we might find another use for the burrow. Lorien and I should be back in an hour or so. I'm looking forward to that stew. Also, speaking with Mithadan and seeing the look on his face when I first walk inside!"

Pio rode off in the direction of the Green Dragon, while Cami and Lorien began packing up a few belongings that needed to be taken back to the Inn. But Cami made sure that most of the household goods, along with all the food stored in the larder, were left behind in the burrow.

[ March 10, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]