View Single Post
Old 01-13-2001, 10:03 AM   #2
Saulotus
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saulotus has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Shade of Carn Dûm
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: the Darkening of Valinor: texts and discussion

<blockquote>Quote:<hr> X is full of material directly and indirectly related and we will need a careful perusal to narrow down what is germain to DoV.<hr></blockquote>
As Mithadan pointed out; AFAIK I'm to suggest MT alternatives while the main project is to proceed with the general old Mythology concept.

To my understanding, this would eliminate the need for others to need &gt;all&lt; the volumes of History or to concern themselves with the problematic text MT presents.

<blockquote>Quote:<hr> Meanwhile saulotus feel free to pull your finished DoV out<hr></blockquote>
I have it; yes. But that would superceed the project, as I can simply point out differences concerning MT and the resultant revised text of the project. I don't want to feel as Mithadan put it: &quot;Saul has already written the canon&quot;.
That would not make it much of a group effort would it?
You may consider what little I have previously sent as an idea and example of my editorial process along the lines of the project's mission objective, and how a revised text &gt;may&lt; appear at the end of the labor.

</p>
Saulotus is offline   Reply With Quote