View Single Post
Old 02-09-2003, 04:56 AM   #26
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Eäris carried the, again sleeping, baby back to her crib.
"There you are! I have been so worried!"
Astarielle began to walk towards him.

Affecting a frown, Eäris said "Then you said 'run along' and now you want me here?"
Adressing the baby he added "I told you women were funny creatures."
Turning back to his wife he said "Well, my love, shall we go down to the carriage to check the packing?" The two made their way down the stairs together. Upon reaching the door to the courtyard they were forced by the narrow gap to go single file.

Eäris was hailed by his second daughter.
"Father, shall I go and finish packing now?"

"Linde now you will see the oddness of women to perfection." he whispered.

"Did you say you were not packed?" asked Astarielle of Elvira. Elvira gulped, she had not seen her mother there. The two left with the argument in full flow.

Eäris, looking around, spotted his son by the coach.
"Rolan" he called "please tell me you at least have finished packing?"
"Yes Papa"
"Ah, you're a good boy. If I did not have you I would go mad in this family of women! Have you seen Gilian?"
"No, but she was with Elvira."
"She was, but no longer. Elvira is with your mother, being told off for not packing!"
The two shared a conspiritorial glance.
"Well, I suppose I must go to look for her, if only to spare her the same fate. And I must find Asta, give her back this angel."
With an absent minded smile at his son, Eäris walked off.

[ February 15, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link