View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 08:39 AM   #2
Elladan and Elrohir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elladan and Elrohir has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I wouldn't say it missed nearly all of the crucial cues, but yeah, an OST-sized album is going to miss a lot of significant stuff. Especially when it's Howard Shore's Return of the King.

The first two Complete Recordings are spectacular and if you like the music or just want to sit back and listen to the brilliant work of a master in thematic development, they are a must-have.

Each set features three CDs (well, four for ROTK, because there's so much more material) and a DVD with the entire score in surround sound (insert hyperventilating in excitement here). They also feature some amazing liner notes by Doug Adams, who does an outstanding job of explaining the intricacies and relationships within Shore's score. Adams is writing a book called The Music of The Lord of the Rings, which is set to release sometime next year and will also feature a disc of rarities.

Cannot wait to get my hands on ROTK:CR, though it'll be a while; not in November, for sure. I can wait, though. It's gonna be incredible.

THE HOBBIT - IT'S COMING
Elladan and Elrohir is offline   Reply With Quote