View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 12:58 AM   #17
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Apologies

Apologies to Peter Jackson and other readers regarding my post about he only doing LotR to enable him to make King Kong. This may or may not be true, but as I haven't been able to source the material (yet!?!), I humbly withdraw the comment.

Did hear it on the television, but that would be considered hearsay.

And we would have to assume, for the man to dedicate so much time and effort to bringing LotR to the scene that he must have some love for the Books.

Again, I apologize for any disparaging comments, implied or inferred.

However, some of the changes that he made for whatever reason, may indicate that he does not treat the Books as sacredly as I .

And in regards to negativity...please. My hope for the SbS is to understand PJ and why decisions were made. He can (and does) take whatever liberties that he would like with the source material - hey, it's his film - yet I may have done things differently and, more importantly, would prefer that PJ be consistent with his presentation.

Anyway, for example, is it 'piling on' to suggest that PJ diminished the role of Frodo? Or added scenes just to add some thrill at the expense of character development?

And I'm still intrigued about the apples .