Thread: Bye Bye Balrogs
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2001, 01:25 AM   #12
Bob Wehadababyitsaboy
Animated Skeleton

Bob Wehadababyitsaboy has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pile o' Bones
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: Bye Bye Balrogs

Does the UBB code here often mistake text for HTML, even when it obviously isn't?

The shorter version.

Why is it stretched?
Because the intent is regarding Maia Balrogs, while the text, even after modification, retains that the Balrogs wrought before the War of the Powers were slain.

These are seperate animals.

I know of the quote and its abuse.
I'm also aware of the removal of the possible allegory to the Christian theology about 1/3rd of Heaven in rebellion.

Yes, if there were thousands of Maia Balrogs then there would be trouble for the exiles. But when the origins are examined you'll find that both thousands and at most 7 co-exist without cancellation of the other and without trouble for the exiles, in the sense intended.

Aiwendil: the skooling on the War of the Powers and the War of Wrath was not needed. Had you read the clarification post directly afterward and posted before your reply, you would have seen that this was so.

Dead Balrogs don't work too well as soldiers in later battles. That's why I asked which you were referring to.

What's wrong with that?
Propaganda.

What do I propose?
Start at the beginning and understand what Balrogs are and were without trying to 'fix' the data.
The fixing will not be needed when that is done.

There was a bit concerning your unbegotten conversation with A.K. which I'm not going to retype.
I was just curious if A.K. ever took his head out of the sand.

This topic interested me enough to send HerenIstarion my conclusion after examination of the origins, and where he then asked me to post here on the topic.
I assume he'll post his thoughts on it when he's done mulling it over.
Until then, a consensus examination would be proper I think, rather than a blatant statement of conclusion.

</p>
Bob Wehadababyitsaboy is offline   Reply With Quote