View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 03:40 AM   #912
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Parmastahir, do you know if those illustrations are from an Australian version of The Hobbit? If so, I might be able to find them online - I have found a wonderful site with illustrations from from various international editions of the book. It has several very interesting pictures of the instrument-playing Dwarves there.

If nothing shows up online, I will most certainly contact you for those illustrations - thank you! As to "when" - no hurry yet; the lecture will be held at the Tolkien Seminar in April here in Germany.

Yes, in the book Oín and Gloín are not mentioned as playing an instrument, so it will be interesting to see how they are portrayed. I always wondered if they might simply have been unmusical!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote