View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #114
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narfforc View Post
Which of course they failed miserably to do for the last films. The last administration thought to bury their heads in the sand and ignore it all, hoping that once it died down they, and their select little group could get on with the owning of all things Tolkien. I was at the AGM and I got the feeling our present administration were not going to let it happen again............... a more open minded lot by far.
As we know on here, many devoted fans were brought into the fold by the films and there's nothing wrong about that. It's. An ideal chance to refresh membership, as without new members it would fizzle into nothing, which would be desperately sad. I'm pleased if they're grasping the new world of social media etc and advertising in SFX is the very best place they could have chosen as it's the geek gospel!
Ignore it all and sites like The One Ring will just take over as the 'authoritative voice.
Sorry for bad grammar, I'm using an Android pad!