View Single Post
Old 07-05-2003, 05:35 PM   #9
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

Name (that you go by): Beren, Matt, Mattie, Mattie-TAH, and "hey you with your arm around my girlfriend!"

Occupation: Part-time student, full-time enjoyier-of-life (and maker-uper-of-odd-words), and soon to be Subway employee

Future Aspirations: Not become an adult.

Goal in life:see above. Plus to never subcomb to peer pressure. to live by the Playboy philosophy of "You can do what you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else."

Short term goals: Get my summer assignments due (ack..2 days to send in book responses on a book I haven't started). Get the new site finished (we're using TikiWiki, it should be fun), get the band together for another practice/find a new band, get hired at Subway

Passion: Programming, webpage design, Music (making and hearing), books (both making and reading), spending money, driving, just basically living-it-up
Hobbies: all of above, playing games on every gaming system (I have 9 now)

Famous for: (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Wearing random clothes to school, Falling asleep during a Dr.Seitz lecture (he actually lectures at 70Db), Being able to sing at 6 different Octaves

Fave book(s): Contact, Calvin and Hobbes, The Far Side, All Tolkien books, Dracula, Sherlock Holmes, Every AH Harry Turtledove book (I'm not a big fan of his Fantasy), The Ender and Bean series by OSC and Pastwatch, HP, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!, The Redwall series, The Indiana Jones series, anything by Asmiov, every Science Mag I can find, I'm a big fan of Graham Hancock, The Kurt Cobain Journals.., The Odyssey, All the Anne Rice books, anything by Arthur C. Clarke

Fave movie: FotR, TTT o'course, Spiderman, Every Monty Python, National Lampoon's Van Wilder (my role model), Interview with the Vampire, Space Balls (anything directed by Mel Brooks really), Rush Hour 1 and 2, The Matrix and reloaded, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, anything with Jet Li or Jackie Chan in it, Ten Things I Hate About You...(hey, it was a good movie..), and..bum bum bum, Ferris Bueller's Day Off!!

Fave sport: Rugby! oh, and of course Soccer (I'm a Yank, I'm going to call it soccer), and Football simply because I played it for 2 years. Girl-watching is also near the top of the list..but it tends to get dangerous

Fave store: Hot Topic, Barnes and Noble, Walden Books, FYE, Sam Goody's, Radio Shack, and of course Walmart

Fave music: Here we go: Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, ZZ Top, Nirvana, System of a Down, The White Stripes!, Green Day, Queen, The Doors, Hot Hot Heat, The Ataris, Linkin Park, Sublime, Weezer!, The Blues Brothers, Reel Big Fish, The Suicide Machines, The Get-up Kids, Thursday, Law Biting Citizens, Frank Sinatra, 30 seconds to Mars, Saves the Day, 3 Doors Down, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Blink-182, Coldplay, Drop Kick Murphy's, Hoobastank, Hootie and the Blowfish, Pearl Jam, Mettalica, Simple Plan, The Who, The Knack, Soundgarden, Hendrix, Audioslave, The Beatles, Fat Boy Slim, Godsmack, Guns n' Roses, Unwritten Law, Chevelle, Vertical Horizon, Cream, Dave Matthews Band, Eric Clapton, Creed, The Eagles, Evanescence, Disturbed, Eve 6, Marcy Playground, Matchbox 20, Queens of the Stone Age, Puddle of Mud, Rammstein, Foo Fighters, Sum 41, Sugarcult, The Hives, The Vines, Tool, Tom Petty, TRUSTcompany, Blues Traveler, Smashing Pumpkins, Zwan, Incubus, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, The Ramones, Phish, RHCP, Jimmy Eat World, The Clarks, Without Eyes, Creed, Cold, Finch, AFI, The Kinks, The Beach Boys, Deftones, Dido, Taking Back Sunday, The Verve, Deep Purple, Steppenwolf, The Distellers, Murray Head, Fuel, John Lennon, Dashboard Confessional, Everclear, Lynyrd Skynyrd, At the Drive-In, New Found Glory, Saves the Day, CKY, Good Charlotte, Korn, Lou Bega, MXPX, The Offspring, The Byrds, Pennywise!, The Sex Pistols, Styx, The All-American Rejects, Live, and my own as of yet unnamed band!

What you can't stand: People who despise music, Country Music, hypocrites, anyone who looks down on anyone else,

What you plain dislike: An incredible amount of food, being dumped (though I'm getting used to it), bigotry

Who you admire: My best friends, Van Wilder, Carl Sagan, Robert Plant,

What you most love to do: Just live life, it should be fun.

Your self-confessed flaws: I tend to not pay attention to things i consider worthless or that I already know. I don't have the patience to listen to stupid people.

What intrigues/fascinates you: Women, I just don't understand them, but, as Sophia says, they'd be less fun if I understood them

What scares you: Living without love, being handicapped...

Quotation to live by: "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

"live life every day like you never know when it's going to end"

Additional comments:
Yeah, these things happen when i get bored...

[ July 05, 2003: Message edited by: Beren87 ]
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote