View Single Post
Old 05-23-2002, 09:46 AM   #385
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Drawing a deep breath, Mithadan saunters over to the black-clad figure. He is painfully aware that he is unarmed, but is reasonably confident that this intruder will not harm him. One of the dragons hisses nastily as he passes.

Mustering a smile, he speaks to her. "Princess! We haven't seen much of you lately. How is your kitten?"

Her red hair blowing in the wind, the figure turns and fixes her wild gaze on the man. "Mith! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] How have you been?"

"Pretty good," he replies. "I see you've been rather busy though. May I ask what you have been doing here? This isn't the chatroom you know."

"I have captured the newbies and Orli-lovers! I have seized back what was once the province of the established members. All shall be as it was before the accursed Movie. The Old Times have returned!" she cried. "We may now chat without interruption and post on weighty matters again. No more inane threads on who your favorite character is! No more a/s/l inquiries! The Barrow is ours again! Bwahahahaha!"

"But at what cost?" asked Mithadan. "If not here, then where shall Tolkien fans congregate and speak freely, learning such lore as they may and acquiring wisdom with the passage of time?"

"Wisdom?" screeched the Princess. "There is no wisdom that they can learn; they are incapable! They exchange instant message addresses and engage in senseless quests. They speak of homework and teachers and MOVIE CHARACTERS! Join with me. We will use the REG to restore this site to its former greatness!"

"Some would say that the site is greater now than it has ever been," he replied quietly. "So, where is the REG anyway?"

She laughed. "I have it not! I control it from afar and the Ring --I mean the REG--is the key to the restoration of what was. It is my tool, my Precious."

Way too many Gollum references, thinks Mithadan. "Uh yeah. Right. Um. Would you like to read a draft of the latest Tales from Tol Eressea? Elrond's in it."

With a squeal, the Princess follows Mithadan to the former refreshment stand. Evil shapes loom and leer from the shadows, yet she seems to not see them. He hands her the draft then heads back out to the fields. The REG must be destroyed...

[ May 23, 2002: Message edited by: Mithadan ]