View Single Post
Old 05-23-2002, 03:07 PM   #400
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Mithadan swiftly marshalled such guests as he could find who were not being guarded by the dragons. He explained the situation quickly. The Princess, a disgruntled member who wished for a return of the "Old Times" before the Movie had come out, had seized control of the REG and used it to capture many of the 'newbies'. The REG (Random Events Generator), normally a harmless plaything used to create humorous situations in RPGs, had become very powerful and dangerous. He had last seen it in the bar just before Piosenniel, Birdland and Child of the Seventh Age had assaulted him. The three, normally upstanding members of the Downs, had somehow become convinced he was evil, likely due to the effects of the REG. The REG, a simple black box with 4 buttons, must be destroyed, or the red-haired one would forever dominate the Downs.

Looking up, he spied Pio, Birdie and Child and ran toward them. To his surprise, they seized rocks and branches and raised them as he approached. "Ladies," he said. "We have a problem."

"Darn right," responded Birdland. "And if you come any closer, you'll have a big problem!"

He shook his head. "You don't understand. The Princess has seized control of the REG and greatly increased its power. It is very dangerous and must be destroyed. Do you have it?"

"If we did, you'd be the last person we'd give it to," replied Piosenniel swinging a branch at Mith's head. Mithadan ducked (after two years at the Downs, he has become very good at ducking) and stepped back holding his hands open and raised up.

"Listen," he began. "Its me! Mithadan! Child, you recall when I supported your controversial thread? And Birdland, I helped you identify your rare set of LoTR! And Piosenniel... uh, hi, pleased to meet you. Anyway, reprogrammed, the REG can generate virtually anything [a pun wraith appears and hands Mith a citation before disappearing in a puff of noxious smoke]. You name it. A troop of hill trolls, anything."

Behind him, a troop of hill trolls appear, weilding clubs and knives. With a roar, they advance upon the group of Barrow-Downers who turn quickly and run.

"Puff, puff, I think I dropped it over here somewhere," cried Piosenniel.