View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 05:48 PM   #3967
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Now that I've read much of the rpg, I get it why Firefoot was having some difficulty with the time jump. Now I am too: Scyld and Rowenna had a plotline and to just skip over it seems difficult at best.

I wonder if we need to spin it off into a separate rpg, or outline the events? Any thoughts? For those who have not carefully read the Scyld-Rowenna exchanges, this involves them teaming up to figure out who the dead body in the smoke-hut was, and how he died.
I feel better knowing at least one person doesn't think I was just being whiny about the time jump.

Anyway, my current thought process was pretty much to just drop that plotline - they aren't able to find anything out and it stays a mystery. As I wrote in my most recent post, Scyld tries to follow up, gets scared of what fingers get pointed his way, and decides to leave. He'll go first to Dol Amroth and obtain some sort of letter of pardon from Linduial to get his name cleared, maybe spend some time there, then go track down his family, and finally after five years now be returning to the hall. I think he might need to acquire some kind of trade in that amount of time as well - right now he has an odd collection of talents but nothing that would really earn him a living, which seems problematic. If anyone who has a little more knowledge about the culture has thoughts, I'd appreciate it. Alternately, if his current skill set would be sufficient to put him to some use in the Hall, that would be cool too but I have no idea what sort of role that would be.

Any of this can change though.

On a separate note, with all these young men running around I think it might be a really good time to introduce Leof's now 18 year old sister...