View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 05:23 PM   #22
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots That was an impressive fainting spell by me...even if I do say so myself

Kuruharan awoke with a loud gasp for air.

"Quite alright Firefoot, quite alright. Thank you for asking."

Turning to Formendacil he said, "Indeed I have read some of Darths and Droids. Alas I fear I hold the reverse of your opinion as I believe DM of the Rings to be the superior piece. The author of Darths and Droids himself said it best when he said that the acting in Star Wars is a bit "stoic." I would say wooden. Makes for less interesting images, in my opinion. And also Star Wars is suffering from an acute Gimlilessness (try to say that out loud) and Gimli was definitely the star of the show in DM of the Rings. I will concede that I have never had the chance to read all of Darths and Droids...and it is a rather big giggle to hear Qui-Gon saying in my head 'What? I'm still looking at the equipment list.'"

Still, in spite of his cheerful assurances to Firefoot, Kuru was being afflicted with a growing sense of unease. He wasn't quite sure if it was the oxygen deprivation or one or two odd things that were cropping up.

Who, for example, had hired this dreary, mournful, black-clad band who insisted on playing such gloomy airs in opposition to the spirit of merriment the Downers sought to create? What was even more annoying was their habit of playing hair-raising chords every time anyone mentioned Werewolf, wolves or poodles in general. Thankfully, most Downers seemed able to tune them out, although there was one awful ten-minute spasm of ear-shattering violin solos when somebody mentioned getting a two week old puppy for a present.

Yes, Kuru decided he needed to liven things up a bit so he grabbed Form and Firefoot and anybody else nearby, plopped them down at a table and began to deal the cards. (Have to pay for the trip somehow).

Five humiliating routs later, Kuruharan was decidedly in a state of mourn expectation. There was definitely some ill juju in the air about Oxford this evening. Kuru never lost at cards!

Our Hero swatted impatiently at the giant raven that kept flapping about his ears and looked out the window to see if the banshee was still leering ghoulishly at him.

Yup.

Either somebody had spiked his tea or there were some seriously bad omens about.

One of weaker heart and stomach would probably have been daunted by these portents, but Kuru didn't let them get to him...much.

*CRACK KA-BOOM*
Dun-Dun-Dun-DUUNNNH

went a loud crack of thunder (and the band).

"Nice touch," thought Kuru as he returned his mind to repairing his fortunes at the table.