View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 06:05 AM   #33
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
It's amazing the treasures one finds digging around in old Barrows! Trying to remember if I saw this thread back in the day some near 15 years ago, but can't say I have. Anyway, I may as well add on to the end of this thread, not that it is my anniversary here or anything. Can't really say when my anniversary is really, as I remember the old EZ Board. I'll accept whatever date I have here. Anyway, as an intermittent participant, with a grand total of 500 some posts in 15+ years, and in no particular order other than what I thought of first, Here Goes:

1. Barrow Downs ~ Non-movie theme. To my recollection, there was no mention of The Barrow Downs in the PJ fanfics. This place managed to avoid the attention of the hordes of movie actor fandomers as it took a bit more Tolkien searching to find.

2. Good Book Discussions. Usually good, articulate talks on topics, and even when disagreements came along, they were handled civilly by all parties.

3. Great T-Shirt and Coffee Mug design. Still have my T-shirt, but lost the coffee mugs to a shattering and a divorce.

4. Made some Friends. Yes, I'm talking about you Lush, and you Bethberry, and you Tigerlily, and a few others. I've had some issues with fecebook, the scourge that has caused the death of so many message boards, so probably haven't talked to you as much as I'd like.

5. The relatively laid back atmosphere. I mean, really. We're all dead.

6. The Translations From The Elvish forum. No, I haven't contributed to it, but I have been a regular reader of the threads.

7. Some of the RP Stories. Enjoyed reading some of the RPs as some of the writers are very good! Having 4 forums dedicated to the art of RP here had me thinking this place would be a luxurious haven for writing RP. I did try RPng here, but with the R&Rs, I found my creativity stifled by what to me was seemingly overbearing micromanagement of stories and posts, and requests for edits from others. It became more work than play for me. So I went elsewhere to write, and came here to read.

8. Board Appearance. I find the scheme here easy on the eyes and the text easy to read. Not overly gimmicky, and has some of the coolest post icons! I tend to use the pipe or the beer mug the most with the Tolkien symbol and the White Tree sometimes.

That's about all I can come up with right now. Thanks for all the years of enjoyment!

Last edited by Snowdog; 10-01-2017 at 06:08 AM.
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote