View Single Post
Old 10-03-2002, 09:03 AM   #6
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but in the end there is only one opinion that counts here at the downs. The BW's. He created this place and he is in charge of it. Whatever happens to it will be his decission and that should be respected by all.

I too am sad to see older and more prominent members leave this place, but after all we are nothing but visitors in BW's "home" and if some people don't like the way he is "decorating" it, then this is probably not the place for them to be.

I have seen other boards suffer through some of the same problems as we experience here, and everywhere the reactions have been different. Some boards have closed for new members, others are comsumed by the flow and slowly dies away.
The Downs wants to survive this flow and in order to do so, changes have been made. I can't say I agree with all of these changes, but then again, the decission lies not with me but the BW and I can only respect that. After all, he's the one paying for it all and thus he has the last word.

I may have stepped on some toes now though I never intended to and if that is the case, then I am truly sorry.

[ October 03, 2002: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]