View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 12:07 PM   #16
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
NA-EX-34.5: Your suggestions looks good.

Findegil wrote:
Quote:
Why should the cruse not be fullfilled if Androg survives the battle upon Amon Rudh? On the contary it was also never told how he died there. I think he could survie that battle and later die a violent death acording to the curse.
That's a good point. Still, at the time the text was written, the curse was clearly supposed to result in Androg's death during the battle at Amon Rudh. I think that if we have Androg survive (which I suppose we must do), we should simply delete the reference to the curse at this point:

Quote:
There he is said to have fought more valiantly than any, NA-SL-02 but he fell at last {mortally wounded by an arrow; and thus the curse of Mîm was fulfilled.} [but alone of all]> <Aelfwine & Dirhaval A the outlaw-band of Túrin{, and alone} he survived the battle on the summit of Amon Rudh.>
NA-EX-28.5: I suppose I'm ultimately for the inclusion of this bit.

NA-TI-07.5: Your first suggestion looks good to me.

If this section is settled, I'll move on to the next section as soon as I get a chance - possibly tonight but more likely tomorrow or Friday.
Aiwendil is offline   Reply With Quote