Thread: Ones to Marry
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 03:33 PM   #12
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Yes, Mithalwen, Faramir would definitely be a very good choice. But all the same, I don't think I would quite choose him. Oddly enough, I would probably prefer Boromir....without the Ring, of course.
Well I am rather older than you so maybe I have realised that what you need is not the same as what you think you want. Boromir is more glamourous but I can't imagine him being a good husband and had shown no inclination to become one. I always think the fact that the heirs to Rohan and Gondor were single so late is a failure of hope. Not that there is anything wrong with being single late - I fear with Faramir as my benchmark I may be far too picky .

I always feel that Eowyn would not be diminished or compromised by her marriage. Faramir would not break her spirit but help her channel it. Boromir would be too forceful and uncompromising. Faramir is not weak but he is more subtle - for want of a better word he is like a horse whisperer.

Oh Great Elven Warrior - no contest..... never liked Beren (and loathe Luthien). "So wet youcould shoot snipe off him". There are a lot of cute elf boys though.

Oh Bethberry - everyone knows it is easier to change the man than change the man ... besides you never get a receipt.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote