View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 09:15 PM   #596
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Marigold

Marigold stepped up beside Erebemlin and watched the night by him. At length she said, "Are you sorry that your eye finds beauty in Arda? Do not be sorry, but glad that you have seen that which your heart seeks."

He looked at her suddenly, his eyes like twin flames. She smiled and returned his gaze.

"You are fire in a shell, Erebemlin; is the shell made of stone, ice, or flesh?" He shook his head and opened his mouth as if to answer but she continued. "I am earth and water. I can be frozen, or burnt, or broken. I would none of them. If you would be thawed this instant, what would you do to earth and water? Do not answer now. Think upon it as you aid your lord. When you have achieved your quest, maybe you will pass this way with an answer."

She returned indoors and served the needs of those within. She thanked Aeron for his permission to bury his sister, and then sang a lullaby to them all which was haunted with dreams of a full belly and a quieted heart where hope could dwell. The Elves she left to their own thoughts.