View Single Post
Old 05-17-2002, 04:40 PM   #182
Saxony Tarn
Wight

Saxony Tarn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saxony Tarn
Sting

Thinhyan' -- Skheel's mother was a captured Haradhrim "present" to Saruman from some of his Far Southern allies, and according to her tale, this poor unfortunate became part of the gene pool for his New & Improved Uruk-Hai. I think it amazing but cool that the first character Bor' reaches a level of mutual understanding with in this group turned out to be, well, let's be honest, the mother of the monster that shot him! (Well, Mr. Elf, you're busy being a witty little snob, of course he's going to bond w/ fellow berserker first, even though she's half Orc!) i have no idea if "Skheel" has any meaning in Orcish and don't really care -- that was the name that came with the character, and i'm loath to change it (as i have some of the other characters, as part of a running gag perpetrated on another of them)

i'm having the most fun i've had in a long time writing it; just got to make certain that my Elvish passes muster, so i've managed to enlist a student of it to proof the draft i've got so far.

Can i get a link to your fic so i can read it? It sounds like great fun...

s.t.

[ May 17, 2002: Message edited by: Saxony Tarn ]