View Single Post
Old 05-22-2002, 03:36 PM   #198
Saxony Tarn
Wight

Saxony Tarn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saxony Tarn
Sting

No, Thank YOU, littleman -- your randomly generated six-second-segment story reminds me of some writing i did for my game -- TESTING THE RULES by using them to influence how the plot moved depending on the results from each character's actions.

Really helped me visualize them, but would certainly have to be for a VERY targeted reader audience.

And as far as "that other thread", well, heh heh, until i can come up with an airtight defense for why I'd lay MY sword at the feet of King Boromir, i'm staying off that topic! (Reason number one, the man is definately motivated! No slacker loafing around in a banana republic here. Revitalized economy (war's good for it, ya know!) resurgent national pride... he'd probably even make darned sure the trains ran on time, assuming Gondor ever got to that level of tech -- wait a second, i said i'd stay off that topic... Quick, i'm getting entrenched, somebody send Gwaihir to airlift me out!!!)

And the Sindarin double-entendres, well... when i get the entire story "downloaded" from my brain and into beta draft at the very least, i can probably toss the opening three bits onto the Downs and see what rises from its grave to check it out. Just last night it came up with another title for itself, even more fitting and tying in nicely with the Sindarin puns (which have had me rolling and pounding the floor, just like the smart-arse Elf who delivers 'em)

For another bit of amusement, check out The Movies -- FOTR Drinking Game thread. i've just added the Gamer's Edition sub-rules.

s.t.

|_|) <-- Skoal!

[ May 22, 2002: Message edited by: Saxony Tarn ]