View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 10:56 AM   #52
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alatar View Post
And now for the Seat of Denethor. In Gimli4, we can see the Dwarf happily planted on the black throne. Please look closely at his legs and his head in relationship to the throne. In Gimli5, we see that the Dwarf is so comfortable that he's lit up his pipe - hammer and tongs!

Now I will conjecture that all of this fuss about disrespect for the Seat of Denethor is for not. Why? Again, look at Gimli4. If that's a human-sized throne then I'll be a winged polar Balrog. So, my conclusion? The Army of the Dead stole the real throne and replaced it with the one we see. You also will note that the King's throne also is missing.

No wonder they were in a hurry to leave on the Pellenor Fields - had to get out of town before Aragorn discovered their prank. Aragorn cares not as he sees the obvious fakery. How else can you explain it?
Oh great Mod alatar, on whose altar... ...
You have gone back to review the flick, which I didn't have time for. Does Gimli in the movie simply sit on the Ruling Stewards' black stone chair and not on the Vacant Throne? So that PJ completely omitted Tolkien's little bit of monarchial symbolism?

Do Kiwis not have Elizabeth as their titular head of state?