View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #847
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Hehe. I have undergone the screen name to real name transition. And first-first, not my usual online middle-first!

Bostonmoot was, in fact, all of the epic awesomeness that was advertised, and more. The quest began with an early morning trek to the local airport, an early departure made easier by working night shifts 7 days straight through until the day before leaving. The plane touched down in Boston, exactly on time, and I made my way to the baggage claim.

While waiting for the conveyor belt to deliver my bag, I turned around and spotted a familiar face... Formy and the rest of the welcoming group! We trekked back to the apartment on the T, where there was much cold-huddle singing on the platform, and a "Cheesy Broccoli!" from Boro88. We did, by the way, go back for the cheesy broccoli on a later shopping trip. I think most of the subway trip has been previously documented elsewhere.

I suppose I do fail at large groups in general... and this was magnified exponentially by suffering from the equivalent of jet lag from China due to those overnight shifts. I feel bad about that because I know I was falling asleep/very quiet in quite a bit of the large in apartment group times and wanted to get to know everyone better. However, it was still a great time, and talking in the smaller settings was great! And really, everyone was amazingly fun to be around.

Major highlights include cooking the turkey with Boro and Glirdan and the Harry Potter exhibit, followed by wandering around the science museum, where this photo was captured, which I offer as incontrovertible evidence that the phantom is, in fact, as ruthless as previously rumored:

...to be continued...