View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #1186
Pomegranate
Wight

Pomegranate is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I will do a good deed and give two reports at once, given that I never wrote anything on Britmoot. This is not going to be huge, but it is the best I can.

I hadn't actually done that much in the 'Downs before plunging into the craziness that was Britmoot. I only knew werewolfy people, and there were not many werewolfy people in the Moot - thus I arrived without having a clue of whom I'd meet. Gladly it turned out to be a lovely bunch. And I was actually lying there two sentences ago, I had met the Finns and Legate before. But anyway. There were Squatter who was very welcoming and demonstrated us his narration skills ("Here is a tree", like I'm sure someone already mentioned), Esty who was sheer friendliness with a delicious touch of pink humour and a lot of pictures of adorable babies, Guinevere who was very genteel and lovely, Kath who was sweet and welcoming, dear Oddwen with whom we had many conversations consisting of funny voices ("Brownies!"), Oliphants_rule with whom I shared the new-to-these-circles-situation and thus had a lot of discussions on things that are not 'Downs, Hookbill whose car I wont step into again without serious consideration but who was the heart and soul of this moot really, Bethberry whom I only met briefly but who was immediately very friendly and warm, and Faramir Jones who, amongs being a very interesting and nice acquaintance also gave a fascinating lecture in RotR and cut me cake. Regarding the Finns, I won't even start on Greenie, just send her love, it was lovely to spend some time with Agan and seeing her in such different
surroundings (and hearing her speak English - I have a friend here who is from Moscow, and he (!) sounds exactly like Agan! It is amusing). Lommy and Legate I had only met briefly before, but heard a lot about, and thus putting the pieces together was rather interesting and we had a lot of good moments together with both of them. All in all, a very amusing week.

Moving forward, I've only a couple of hours ago said goodbye to Squatter and Hookbill, who braved the cold and the darkness of the North and drove all the way to Scotland to have a mini-moot (mini in that it only lasted less than 20 hours and in that it only consisted of three people). There were plans for writing a book, inventing an author, inventing a personality, shooting an all-stars movie where Sean Bean dies in the first scene and Sean Connory makes an appearance in a kilt. There were also whisky, Arthur's Seat, Edinburgh Castle, several men in kilts, fiddles in a pub, cold (!), bagpipes and lots and lots of tea. And hugs to the Englishmen. Gladly we will all be in Finland soon enough, so the goodbyes are not for too long.