View Single Post
Old 04-22-2003, 01:15 PM   #201
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

Birdland:

Quote:
did you know that Jack London wrote a time travel novel, called Star Rover?
Actually no, I didn't. But I'll have to check it out. It seems wierd that Jack London would write something like that. Did he write any other books like that?

Quote:
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Maia. A plucky heroine saves a kingdom. At 891 pages, this is one honkin' big book, but it's a page turner.
I will definately read that. i like lnog books because when you get in to a book and it's short, it seems like such a pity it was over so fast, but when you read a book that you get in to and it's long, I seem to enjoy it much more. Thanks Birdland! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Amanaduial the archer:

Quote:
One of the books I read more recently was 'Spartan', by valerios Massimio Manfredi
Maybe this is just me, and sorry if it is, but isn't there a myth like that where the boy is adopted by a pack of wolves? I think I heard of a story like that but it may be just a variation or I may be getting two stories confused with each other.

[ April 22, 2003: Message edited by: MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie ]

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote